At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions, we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client, a provincial not-for-profit located in York Region is looking for a Controller to join their growing team. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer of the organization. This role includes supervising financial operations, ensuring accurate reporting, compliance with regulatory mandates, and promoting financial stability. This role will also oversee the team responsible for general accounting and donor financial services functions.
What’s In It for You?
- Great Benefits
- Competitive Time Off
- Opportunities for Growth
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, and forecasts. Lead the month-end accounting process, including the approval of account reconciliations and monthly journal entries.
- Produce and assess financial reports, such as monthly financial statements and variance analysis, ensuring strict adherence to accounting principles, regulations, and non-profit financial reporting standards.
- Supervise daily cash flow and investment management. Contribute to the budget process by preparing budget packages and integrating them into the general ledger.
- Supervise the year-end and audit process, including the approval of year-end entries, review of audit schedules, and the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Collaborate with the senior management team to formulate financial strategies, policies, and procedures. Provide financial analysis and recommendations to facilitate decision-making processes.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the accurate maintenance of financial configurations in their respective information systems. Direct the Donor Financial Services team, overseeing all donation processing and tax receipting functions.
- Ensure compliance with material reporting and regulatory requirements set forth by governing organizations.
- Manage municipal contracts and other significant contracts effectively.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and changes in accounting regulations, and regularly review and monitor established policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related area of study and CPA designation required.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting position.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with proven supervisory abilities.
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and a high volume of work, often with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate PowerPoint/Word skills.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization would be considered an asset.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org