Lakeshore is a beautiful Municipality situated in southern Ontario along Lake St. Clair. Lakeshore is a great place to live, work and play. The Municipality has a population of 40,000 and is one of the fastest-growing communities in Southern Ontario.
The Municipality enjoys a temperate climate year-round, with more than 200 growing days. Lakeshore’s affordable lakefront community enjoys over 35 km of waterfront, low taxes, high quality of life and abundant recreational opportunities with many family-friendly parks, recreation programs, a multi-use recreation centre, the Atlas Tube Recreation Centre including pools, 3 ice pads, gyms, and much more. Find out more about Lakeshore at Lakeshore.ca.
Logic Executive Search & Workplace Solutions is proud to partner with the Municipality of Lakeshore in the recruitment of a Team Leader – Community Planning located in Lakeshore, Ontario. This role reports directly to the Division Leader – Community Planning and is responsible for leading large complex planning assignments and fostering a culture of innovation, engagement, collaboration, and respect throughout the community. Additionally, the Team Leader – Community Planning will represent the Municipality at Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) hearings, contribute to planning policy and budget developments, as well as manage and lead a team of 2 Planners and a co-op student.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Immediate Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- OMERS Pension
- Continuous Development Opportunities
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Evaluating summaries of comments from Municipal divisions and external agencies for rezoning applications, site plans, Committee of Adjustment applications, and other land use proposals.
- Managing special planning projects/studies and assisting in the development and implementation of planning policies and regulations.
- Providing technical planning-related information and advice to internal and external stakeholders, agencies, and the general public.
- Preparing and delivering oral and written reports/evidence to the Ontario Land Tribunal.
- Facilitating development proposals through coordination with division leaders and public consultation.
- Assisting Division Leaders in developing planning studies and reports for new policy directions, programs, and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with planning regulatory requirements and addressing any resident inquiries and concerns.
- Creating and finalizing documents including by-laws, subdivision and site plan agreements, zoning by-law amendments, minutes, public notices, notice of decisions, and more.
- Reviewing intricate planning studies and overseeing/reviewing development applications and consultant proposals.
- Assisting Division Leaders with the development of long-term planning programs such as the 5-year official plan review and secondary plans.
- Participating in associated committee meetings and workshops including public information sessions.
- Conducting field inspections to collect data for development reviews and verifying compliance with approved plans.
- Staying updated on changes to the Ontario Planning Act and other relevant statutes, regulations, and policies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in Planning or other related fields.
- Full membership or eligible for full membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) Designation would be considered a strong asset.
- 5+ years of experience related to professional planning in a municipal setting.
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in municipalities or other related sectors.
- Advanced knowledge of Ontario Provincial policies, legislations, and regulations regarding planning, zoning by-laws, urban design, economic development, environmental hazards, land use, and more.
- Extensive experience in review of land use development applications (Ontario experience is preferred).
- Excellent report writing capabilities with previous experience attending tribunal hearings and providing professional evidence to the Ontario Land Tribunal.
- Previous experience with computer hardware and software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, GIS, Adobe, Cloudpermit, Web Based Mapping programs, Laser Fiche, and more.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and develop a highly effective and accountable team.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection, analyzing statistical information, and making recommendations regarding development planning.
- Proven experience establishing effective working relationships and collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Exceptional time management, leadership, public relations, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Must maintain a clear police clearance.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description can also be provided at the request of the candidate.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com