Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Materials Manager for a leading manufacturing company in Windsor, ON.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the staff and all activities in the Warehouse including shipping, receiving, inventory control, scheduling, container management and logistics. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, bonus, full health benefits, RRSP contribution and vacation.
- Analyze all customer releases in order to create an effective production schedule.
- Actively participate, support and contribute to corporate materials management initiatives.
- Develop, plan and act upon continuous improvement initiatives within the materials department and provide specific direction to all staff to ensure success in completion of the established objectives.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in the Materials Department.
- Develop and review plant production plans and schedules and associated inventory targets.
- Report on inventory to include days on hand, stock outs and all variances.
- Review shipping schedules to ensure all customer (internal and external) delivery schedules can be met.
- Develop capacity plans and review capacity utilization then make recommendations with the appropriate personnel.
- Manage the implementation of ECNs (Engineering Change Notices) to ensure affectivity dates and 0 obsolescence.
- Act as point of contact and emergency contact for part supply and other (internal and external) customer needs Participate in the development and review of physical inventory and cycle count methodologies and measure results to ensure actions are in place to meet established targets for finished Goods, WIP, and raw materials.
- Confirm that sufficient containers both returnable and expendable are in place to support production schedule.
- Responsible for the in-house ERP system within the department
- Collaborate with the Operations Department on a regular basis and actively support lean initiatives.
- Participate in the development of any corrective action requests made by the customer due to failure/root cause in the Materials function.
- Manage and ensure the development and communication of any supplier or customer constraint plans.
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- During management system audit events, provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary.
- Ensure that all employees comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for each department including training, safety requirements, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools.
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction.
- Direct, coach and mentor supervisors in maintaining positive employee relations and safe work environment.
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in materials in a leader capacity.
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have Recognized Technical Diploma in related area.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies is a must.
- Attention to detail coupled with good judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing, with team members and customers.
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com