At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client is currently looking for a Junior Cost Estimator to join an innovative production facility based in Windsor, ON. This is an opportunity to join a growing organization that takes pride in their work and invests in their employees.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits package
- Growth opportunities
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Processing quotes, logging details, communicating changes, and managing pertinent information to the function of estimating.
- Reviewing quote/no quote decisions and input customer RFQ into the quote tracking system.
- Ensuring accuracy and completion of RFQ packages
- Setting target dates and monitoring target dates with sales team to ensure timelines are being met.
- Ensuring quotes are complete including feasibility studies, capacities, sign offs, etc.
- Preparing executive summary sheets and reporting as appropriate.
- Tracking all engineering changes to ensure Program Managers are aware of any changes.
- Maintaining a database management system that includes pricing, engineering changes, dates of quotes, etc.
- Ensuring all quotes are maintained and up to date.
- Ensuring customer requirements and quote standards are updated on a ongoing basis.
- Participating in technical review meetings when required.
- Preparing variable margin and capital requirement calculations.
- Submitting customer responses for piece price and tooling costs in a timely fashion.
- Preparing paperwork and attend GAP meetings where required.
- Suggesting and implementing new systems to streamline and improve quoting process.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary education in related field of study.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience as an Estimator in a manufacturing/production setting.
- Ability to read blueprints and statement of requirements.
- Project management skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- CAD background, Tooling and Gauging, Paint and Assembly considered an asset.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com