At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client, a leader in the public sector is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join their team in Toronto, Ontario. This role reports to the Human Resources Director and is responsible for promoting a culture of safety and managing all health, safety, and wellness programs, policies, and procedures.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive compensation
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Comprehensive benefits
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Acting as a strategic partner and advising on Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Recommending and developing policies, procedures and programs related to H&S
- Researching emerging H&S issues across the organization and conducting H&S audits
- Maintaining the Hazard Awareness Program and MSD prevention program
- Managing WSIB claims and RTW process
- Maintaining training records, WSIB documentation and safety incident and injuries files
- Ensuring contractors have adequate H&S plans and processes
- Coordinating and leading training as it relates to H&S
- Managing the H&S Committee
- Leading all workplace injury and near miss investigations
- Updating Job Hazard Analysis, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and Physical Demand Analysis
- Leading the Accessibility Canada project
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years of H&S experience working in a construction or industrial environment
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health & Safety Consultant (CHSC)
- Knowledge of the Canadian Labour Code Pat II, WSIA, Ontario H&S Act, and CSA standards
- Experience promoting a H&S culture and gaining buy in from at all levels
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Certificate or Recognition (COR) or Construction Health & Sagety Officer (CHSO)
- IMS 200 or IMS 300
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org