At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions Inc. is proud to partner with Erie Shores HealthCare in the search for a Financial Analyst. Erie Shores HealthCare is a dynamic community hospital located in Leamington, Ontario. Servicing the Leamington, Kingsville, Lakeshore, Essex, Harrow, Belle River, Amherstburg, and Wheatley communities, Erie Shores HealthCare continues to grow and adapt to the communities it serves.
Erie Shores HealthCare is currently home to 72 inpatient beds and a range of patient programs and services including a 24/7 Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care and Oncology Clinic, Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, Laboratory Services, General Surgery, Cardiopulmonary Services, Pharmacy and Rehabilitation Services. Erie Shores HealthCare is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people it serves by leading the development of a sustainable integrated rural health system. As an employer of choice, Erie Shores HealthCare has a culture of caring that makes it the hospital of choice for patients and the communities it serves.
Reporting to the Team Lead, General Accounting and Payroll, the Financial Analyst contributes financial expertise and support for monitoring, analyzing, assessing and reporting on fiscal performance and forecasts relative to budget, with respect to expenditure patterns and resource utilization. The Financial Analyst assists in the ongoing review of financial information, statistical information and processes along with strategic and operational planning.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including STD, LTD and life insurance
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Assist the Team Lead and Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of the hospital’s annual operating and capital budget
- Prepare all required monthly financial entries in the general ledger
- Assist in the compilation of monthly financial statements including cash flow and variance analysis
- Assist in the payment cycle with Transform Shared Service Organization (TSSO) in terms of weekly cash requirements review, invoice processing and payment
- Complete bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Maintain General Ledger chart of accounts, Enterprise Service Management (ESM) system maintenance (new users, passwords)
- Develop and maintain financial reports generated through ESM
- Analyze budget variances and answer financial queries of assigned Department Directors
- Responsible for assisting in reporting requirements (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Assists in reconciling all accounts in the general ledger
- Prepare and complete HST return on quarterly basis
- Prepare working papers and documentation to assist the External Auditors with the annual audit
- Assist Payroll and Patient Accounting Clerks as required; act as backup for payroll duties if required
- Occasionally develop and deliver financial presentations
- Collect departmental statistics and maintain Statistical General Ledger
- Provide statistical data/information to various users within the hospital
- Work with Managers/Directors in completing ad-hoc business cases/briefing notes
- Assist in the management and administration of office supply ordering and printer fleet management
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to organize and co-ordinate various departmental functions, prioritize work, and adapt to changing priorities within the Finance Department
- Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with all levels of staff
- CPA designation or working towards CPA is considered an asset
- Experience working in a hospital or healthcare environment is considered an asset
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org