Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions Inc. is proud to partner with ConnexOntario in its search for an Executive Director. This exciting opportunity allows you to make a provincial impact on Ontario’s mental health & addictions sector while being based on-site in London, Ontario.
As a free and confidential health services information provider, ConnexOntario’s vision is to connect the people of Ontario to mental health, addictions, and problem gambling services through their 24-hour support lines. ConnexOntario believes in a province where all people are connected to mental health and addiction support where, when, and how they need it.
Based on the core values of equity through an anti-racism and anti-oppression lens, excellence in integrity, innovation, responsiveness, and diversity & inclusion, ConnexOntario looks to enhance its services to best serve people in Ontario, while also supporting health system transformation across the province.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the achievement of all strategic and operational goals of the agency. This includes orchestrating all human and financial resources, and community resources, and identifying service needs within the agency’s mandate. The Executive Director will have the overall responsibility of ensuring the efficient, responsible delivery of services and programs within all departments of the organization.
Strategic Planning and Innovation
• Carrying out ConnexOntario’s strategic plan and communicating areas of development for the organization with staff, the board, and stakeholders, to gain their support.
• Ensuring program development and related operational policies and procedures meet legal obligations and the Board of Director’s vision for the implementation, maintenance, and operation of ConnexOntario and its sponsored programs.
• Working in tandem with the ConnexOntario’s Board of Directors to develop short-range goals for the organization and long-range strategies. Reporting regularly to the Board about progress towards organizational objectives, the financial status of the organization, and any issues of concern.
Human Resources Management and Organizational Leadership
• Managing and inspiring the Leadership Team to advance employee engagement, collaboration, and to maintain a high-performing and accountable organization.
• Advocating for continual learning and professional development while supporting team members and the agency through growth and development.
• Managing, directing, and coordinating the various programs of ConnexOntario with the aid of its management team and monitoring the quality performance of all program operations.
Community Partnerships and Public Relations
• Remaining connected and current on the challenges and opportunities found in the mental health and addictions sector across Ontario.
• Working in collaboration with community partners, funders, and government agencies to advance the mission and mandate of the organization and improve client satisfaction, quality, and operational efficiency.
• Maintaining the organizations existing funding while identifying and fostering new funding opportunities within the community and across Ontario.
• Developing proposals and participating in discussions related to expansion projects while seeking out new opportunities for agency growth across Ontario (i.e., indigenous communities, children and youth, educational institutions, government, French services).
• Promoting a positive agency image and providing effective communication with Ontario Health, other funding ministries, provincial government planning committees, addictions umbrella organizations, gambling-related organizations, and treatment agencies.
• Participating in appropriate provincial-level committees, planning bodies and external planning groups.
Administration, Financial Management, and Board Support
• Accountable to the Board of Directors, with overall responsibility for day-to-day operations and the direction of the organization.
• Under the direction of the Board, initiating and directing the development of ConnexOntario’s policies, and the policies of all sponsored and implemented programs.
• Providing sound fiscal management by directing the preparation of the annual operating budgets and submitting budgets for approval by the ConnexOntario Board of Directors and funding sources.
• Ensuring that all tasks related to the assignment and compliance of tax and regulatory authorities and auditing practices are met.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, in the Health Services Field, Information Sciences, or Business Administration; a Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
• Extensive senior management and supervisory experience, preferably in the non-profit sector or health care sector.
• Familiarity with the structures and policies of Ontario Health, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, the Ministry of Colleges and Universities, and the Ontario addictions treatment and mental health services systems.
• Strong financial and organizational planning skills including change management, negotiating, business plan preparation and proposal writing, program evaluation, policy development, and project management.
• Connected locally and provincially within the mental health and addictions sector. Solid understanding of the challenges and opportunities in mental health and addictions.
• Experience operating a community-based agency with a provincial mandate or working within a larger organization with a provincial mandate, would be an asset.
• Familiarity with call centres, database design and development, and advanced computer/information technology and data repositories would be an asset.
• Strategic, tactical, and strong operational acumen and political acuity to navigate and lead through current and future changes.
• Visionary and innovative leader that can identify opportunities for improvement and approaches to secure funding.
• Ability to foster a healthy and safe work environment through strong leadership that focuses on collaboration, engagement, positivity, and consistent and transparent communication.
• An assertive and inclusive leader that treats staff fairly and equally and is firm, fair and consistent in their decision making.
• Ability to read, write and speak French proficiently would be considered an asset.
• The position may often require overnight travel.
For more information about ConnexOntario, please visit their website here.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in confidence to Jennifer Charron, President, Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27th, 2022.
To speak with one of our Executive Recruiters, please contact us at 226-683-0033 or 1-877-227 9548. We thank all those that apply for this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com