Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions Inc. is proud to partner with Brentwood Recovery Home in the search for an Executive Director based in Windsor, Ontario.
“People need People”. As an integral part of the addictions and mental health continuum, Brentwood provides lifelong, compassionate and evidence-informed treatment to people whose primary goal is lifelong recovery from alcohol and drug misuse. Brentwood is a non-denominational recovery home that has served over 20,000 men and women from all over Canada and the United States.
Based on the values of fellowship, accountability, teamwork, honesty, excellence and respect, Brentwood’s vision is to transform lives and communities through compassion, hope, recovery and service through spiritual based programs.
Brentwood fosters an environment where staff, residents and alumni have the opportunity to continually enhance their self-confidence, self-worth and personal growth. Brentwood is continuously seeking to achieve excellence in the services they deliver to their residents and the community.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is an influential leader who is responsible to provide overall management of programming, human resources, operations and administration of all elements of Brentwood’s Care Program. The Executive Director develops operational plans to support and implement the organization’s strategic direction, goals and objectives as determined by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will understand and continue to promote the fundamental Brentwood spiritual disciplines that were established by Brentwood’s founders.
Human Resources Management and Operations
- Collaborate with Management to recruit, hire, train and supervise staff in the day-to-day operation of the organization and in the service provision to the community.
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with staff to provide results focused support and guidance to resolve conflict or concern.
- Implement a performance management system to ensure that all staff have yearly goals and objectives that meet the organization’s strategic direction.
- Overall responsibility for service delivery outcomes, finances, human resources, fund development and overall operations of the organization.
- Ensure the highest quality of services by fostering an environment of continuous learning and improvement in everything that Brentwood does.
- Strengthen Brentwood’s model of care and corporate practices through evidence-informed leading practices.
- Effectively identify, adopt, adapt, develop, and implement leading practices that have a meaningful impact on clients’ recovery and corporate performance.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place and in compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Prepare and submit to the Board for approval each fiscal year an Internal Operating Plan which incorporates programs and service plans, financial and operating plans, and Clinical staff resource plans.
- Keep up to date with all human resources, health and safety and employment standards as well as Health Department regulations.
- Establish an organization structure to ensure accountability for fulfilling the mission, vision and strategic plan of the organization.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate Brentwood’s programs and services and involve staff and alumni in the development of operational plans to meet desired objectives.
Strategic Leadership and Partnerships
- Empower staff, volunteers and alumni to address the unique and complex needs of clients and their addictions and mental health needs through the effective stewardship of resources.
- Establish a learning and performance management culture that supports the development of staff, volunteers and alumni in the alignment with the strategic priorities and values.
- Recognize, communicate and celebrate individual and collective accomplishments of Brentwood.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, quality, the client experience and positive outcomes in client care.
- Enable optimal care for people seeking recovery through the coordination and provision of seamless care through meaningful links with community partners.
- Guide the development and implementation of strategic priorities and develop strategies to mitigate risks to achieve desired outcomes.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health, LHIN and care partners regarding programming, funding and other relevant issues.
- Develop and implement brand recognition strategies locally, provincially and nationally.
- Enhance community partnerships and promote Brentwood’s 12-Step model with external stakeholders.
Financial and Asset Management
- Develop and maintain operating and capital expenditure budgets, monitor financial performance and asset management while maintaining service delivery excellence.
- Plan, develop and present an annual budget that reflects the allocation of funds accurately and meets all funding requirements for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Develop monthly/quarterly budgets and prepare status reports for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare funding submissions, negotiate reallocation of funding dollars, budgetary changes and one-time funding.
- Develop and monitor financials of the organization, identify any variances and ensure accuracy of financial records.
- Property management to ensure Brentwood’s property is maintained and at an acceptable standard.
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements and ensure staff are provided Health & Safety training as required.
Fund Development, Advocacy and Community Education
- Develop partnerships and innovative approaches to fund development to secure major sources of revenue to meet operational requirements.
- Develop and nurture relationships with alumni, funders and donors and ensure compliance with government policies and requirements for funding.
- Serve as a spokesperson on behalf of the organization and advocate for Brentwood’s role within the addictions and mental health system.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to cultivate strong relationships and improve outcomes for people with addictions and their families.
- Represent the organization at the community planning level and liaise with various social service organizations, government, and media to promote awareness of Brentwood’s programs and services.
- Solicit funding dollars through proposals for special project funding and liaise with other community agencies to develop fundraising strategies.
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for the organization and management of the center in accordance with the policies established by the Board and subject to the direction of the Board in collaboration with the Management team where changes are required.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and its committees by communicating relevant concerns or issues in a timely manner.
- Attendance and participation at staff meetings, Board meetings, committee meetings and provide reports as required to the Board of Directors.
- Communicate Board directions and polices to staff and execute all decisions and directives of the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree or College diploma preferably in business, public or health administration.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity, specifically in a social services or health services sector.
- A strong understanding of alcohol and drug addiction, familiarity with broader addictions and mental health systems and treatment modalities.
- An understanding and appreciation of 12-Step recovery and the effects addiction has on families.
- A humble, strategic leader with proven experience leading a team and achieving operational excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to build trust and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills and political acuity with the ability to build high value relationships and have influence in an OHT.
- Able to advance the mission and vision of the organization by working effectively with government and key stakeholders in the healthcare system.
- Energetic, passionate, humble, with a high level of empathy, integrity and ethics.
- Confident, with the ability to deal with complex issues and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Commitment to building a supportive environment for the best possible treatment for those dealing with alcohol and drug addiction, their families, staff and alumni.
- Strong business and financial acumen to successfully develop and implement strategic planning and growth-oriented business strategies.
- Experience in developing innovative approaches to fund development and proven success in increasing revenue and funding.
- Proven experience in the development of policy by preparing papers, reports, briefs on proposed services, policy direction and guidelines.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to Jennifer Charron, President, Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak with one of our Executive Recruiters, please contact us at 226 683 0033.
If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our Recruitment Specialist and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com