At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client is currently looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join their leading manufacturing facility in Reno, NV. The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist plays an integral role responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the organizations safety systems.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Strong growth potential
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Providing internal consulting expertise in the areas of operational health & safety, personnel security, environmental compliance, and sustainability.
- Providing input and recommendations to plant leadership, line management, Team Members, and visitors/contractors regarding all matters of Environmental Health & Safety aspects and risks.
- Developing and implementing programs in conformance with Regional EHS standards and in line with plant strategic direction (Lock out tag out, working at heights, contractor safety, industrial hygiene, hazcom, MSDS management, etc.)
- Serving as a technical consultant for operations and engineering leadership during new equipment launches or changes.
- Facilitating and approving machine guarding risk assessments, ergonomic assessments, industrial hygiene reviews and other assessments as required.
- Planning, developing, delivering, and tracking EHS training programs for plant leadership, Team Members, vendors, and visitors/contractors.
- Serving as a technical consultant and guide during incident investigations, classification of incidents, and OHSA 300 log reporting.
- Executing internal health and safety audits to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the plant Health & Safety Committee with accountability to ensure meetings and inspections are appropriately documented as required.
- Ensuring compliance with continuous improvement activities associated with the plant’s hazardous and non-hazardous waste management programs.
- Auditing and confirming compliance with all environmental emission permits and escalating non-compliance to the appropriate level of the organization.
- Supporting interactions with the Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), the Environment Protection Agency (EPA), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Kinesiology strongly preferred.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a health, safety, or environmental-related field is preferred.
- Safety certification (CSP or CIH) is preferred.
- 3 – 7 years of experience developing and facilitating an EHS program in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Experience with EHS management systems and auditing programs.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state EHS related laws and regulations.
- Proven experience with conducting risk assessment, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive written reports with clear findings and recommendations.
- Ability to positively influence change by developing cooperative networks and building trust at all levels with internal and external partners.
- Ability to perform normal sitting and standing activities and lift to 50 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines, priorities, and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working with new software and data.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to actively listen and read comprehensive documents.
- Ability to regularly walk/transit throughout the plant.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com