Established in 1999, the Municipality of Lakeshore is one of the fastest-growing municipalities in the region. With a population of over 40,000 residents, Lakeshore’s affordable lakefront community enjoys over 35 kilometres of waterfront, low taxes, a high quality of life, competitive labour costs, and is in the top 13th percentile in Canada in size.
The Lakeshore region is at the heart of the richest consumer market in the world and offers various opportunities and incentives through continuous community improvement plans.
Logic Executive Search & Workplace Solutions is proud to partner with the Municipality of Lakeshore in the recruitment of a Division Leader – Water Management located in Lakeshore, Ontario. This role reports directly to the Corporate Leader – Operations and is responsible for the overall management and administration of the water and wastewater services for the Municipality of Lakeshore, including all associated facilities and systems, operations, maintenance of the systems, and engineering design projects in accordance with all municipal policies and Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) regulations.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Immediate Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- OMERS Pension
- Continuous Development Opportunities
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Having direct oversight of all staff and resources required to effectively maintain the water and wastewater systems.
- Ensuring essential maintenance is conducted on both the water and wastewater systems and that accurate records are kept.
- Administering grant applications and tenders, managing contracts for the water and wastewater divisions including contracts with the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA).
- Formulating and overseeing the development of all procedures and processes related to the operation of the water and wastewater divisions including the monitoring of statistical records.
- Providing leadership, direction, guidance, and support, to all staff members in coordination with the Team Leader – Water.
- Preparing and reviewing the division budget, including projects and personnel, capital, operating and life cycle items.
- Administering education and training prerequisites for water treatment operator licensing.
- Participating in departmental initiatives and priorities including growth projects and proposals.
- Creating and presenting reports and documents to the Council, outside agencies, and other departments throughout the Municipality as well as participating in external committee meetings as required.
- Providing consultation to other departments, groups, and agencies regarding the effective and efficient provision of services and the successful coordination of projects.
- Ensuring that all regulatory reporting requirements are fulfilled and that municipal policies, procedures, and guidelines are upheld.
- Developing and managing long and short-term capital infrastructure projects and daily operational requirements.
- Establishing goals and objectives for the division; planning, prioritizing, and assigning work.
- Ensuring compliance with OHSA as well as Municipality of Lakeshore’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resource Engineering or possesses a CET designation with a Class 3 Water Operator license.
- Professional Engineering designation (P. Eng) or CET designation with a Class 3 Water Operator license.
- 7+ years of experience related to water and/or wastewater treatment and distribution.
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in municipalities or other related sectors.
- Advanced knowledge of Ontario Provincial policies, legislation, and regulations including Ontario Water Resources Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act, and MECP.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop a highly effective and accountable team.
- Excellent computer, report writing and technical knowledge in water treatment.
- Demonstrated experience preparing accurate reports, analyzing information and making recommendations.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and respond to emergency situations.
- Proven experience establishing effective working relationships and collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Exceptional time management, leadership, public relations, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with members of the Council, staff, and the public.
- Strong judgment and decision-making with the ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s license.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment would be considered an asset.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description can also be provided at the request of the candidate.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org