- Windsor, Ontario
- Applications have closed
Applications for this role have closed.
Logic is proud to partner with ENWIN Utilities Ltd. (ENWIN), a licensed electricity distribution company serving customers in the City of Windsor. ENWIN is responsible for the local distribution of electricity, and the service and maintenance of the local electricity distribution infrastructure. ENWIN also maintains a contract of service with Windsor Utilities Commission (WUC) to operate and maintain the WUC-owned water system that serves customers in Windsor, Tecumseh, and LaSalle.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director People, Safety & Culture will have an influential role in setting the cultural tone, enabling ENWIN to attract, engage, develop and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce. As a member of the senior management team the Director is relied upon to act as a trusted business partner and a collaborative colleague to influence change and deliver options and solutions. Aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan, and in collaboration with the Chief People Officer, the Director People, Safety & Culture, will be responsible for the development of progressive Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety ecosystems that will meet ENWIN’s current and future needs. The Director People, Safety & Culture will lead the development, recommendation and implementation of approved HR and H&S strategies, ensuring alignment with overall corporate strategy, providing strategic advice and tactical support to all levels of management as to HR and HS matters while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, employment legislation and collective agreements. This position is responsible for the preparation and management of business plans and corresponding departmental budgets for these areas of responsibility. The Director People, Safety & Culture is responsible for ensuring that the company’s measures to positively impact equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are implemented.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications, skills, and competencies:
- University degree in Human Resources, Business, Law, or related discipline relevant to the position and industry.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience within the Human Resources field with five (5) years at a senior level.
- Certified Human resources Leader (CHRL) certification is considered an asset.
- Professional designation in law is considered an asset.
- Exposure to HR systems, technology, and metrics for enhancing organizational value and efficiency.
- Extensive Human Resource knowledge including payroll, training and development, labour relations, collective bargaining, benefits, compensation management, talent management, WSIB, Wellness, Pay Equity, Job Evaluation, Succession Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, and Performance Management.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources and Health & Safety best practices, enabling business goals, building positive employee experience, and enabling desired workplace culture.
- Ability to interpret and apply legal decisions/case law and to build strong relationships and consensus and to establish trust.
- Strong knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and safety programs and procedures; working knowledge of relevant legislative requirements.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting and financial review.
- Experience with policy development, project management, planning and promoting process improvement.
- Strong skills in writing business/technical reports, including executive and board of director level reporting.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and dispute-resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, manage, coach, mentor, and motivate staff.
- Ability to understand the organization and take an enterprise perspective.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume in confidence to Melina Grande, Human Resources & Recruitment Specialist, Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are being accepted until Thursday, February 15th at 5:00 pm.
We thank all those who apply for this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the ENWIN Team, please visit their website at https://enwin.com/
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.