Established in 1956, Community Living Wallaceburg (CLW) is committed to person-directed care that encourages people to dream and direct their path forward. CLW enables children, youth, and adults with intellectual disabilities to share equally in the elements of community life. CLW believes in community inclusion where we are all respectful and support each other’s dreams and goals, overcome obstacles by being adaptable and innovative, and achieve results when we are focused on quality. Our purpose is to create, design and deliver support in a safe and secure environment that empowers people to overcome barriers and live the life they choose.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, People and Culture is responsible for providing strategic direction and policy advice to the organization on human resources and operational matters, ensuring both the current and future human capital needs of the agency can be met. Acting as a catalyst for change management, leading organizational design, leadership development and employment engagement initiatives to deliver the necessary evolution of people while setting the cultural tone of the agency.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Developing and implementing policies, programs and procedures for HR including but not limited to, human resource planning, talent acquisition, collective bargaining, labour relations, employee engagement, diversity equity and inclusion, performance management, training and development, job classification, pay equity, scheduling, occupational health and safety and disability management, AODA, payroll, and benefit administration.
- Providing leadership and support to and working collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Group, Supervisory Team, and HR Team to ensure the efficient and effective operation of all aspects of human resources.
- Developing and executing HR strategies aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Providing guidance and counsel on HR matters to senior management. Guiding managers on performance feedback, coaching, and development plans.
- Overseeing the recruitment and selection process and developing effective onboarding programs to integrate new hires into the company culture.
- Implementing strategies to retain and develop high-performing employees.
- Fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture through effective employee relations programs.
- Addressing employee concerns, grievances, and conflicts in a fair and timely manner.
- Designing and implementing performance evaluation systems to drive employee engagement.
- Identifying training needs and developing learning initiatives to enhance employee skills and competencies. Establishing career development programs and succession plans to support employee growth within the organization.
- Ability to implement and lead organizational design, leadership development and employee engagement initiatives.
- Providing HR performance data and metrics/benchmarking to measure HR effectiveness and efficiency.
- Overseeing the scheduling process for the agency including the development of rotations, shift bidding, posted schedules, and schedule adjustments.
- Managing the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and goals.
- Fostering and promoting positive employee morale to maintain a healthy, psychologically safe, productive, and respectful work environment.
- Co-chair the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and provide trends and reports to leadership and the JHSC. Manage WSIB claims, disability claims, return to work and accommodations.
- Ensuring compliance with all employment legislation including but not limited to the Pay Equity Act, Employment Standards Act, Accessibility for Ontarians Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and any other applicable legislation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources, Business, or a related field of study.
- Progressive human resources and people leadership experience, preferably in a unionized or non-profit environment. Ability to lead with integrity, empathy, and fairness.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and progressive HR practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for building inclusive work cultures. Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.
- CHRP or CHRL designation is an asset
- JHSC Certification is considered an asset
For more information on Community Living Wallaceburg, please visit www.getintocommunityliving.com
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in confidence to Melina Grande, Human Resources and Recruitment Specialist, Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions at email@example.com. Applications are being accepted until February 28th, 2024 at 4:00 pm.
To speak with one of our Executive Recruiters, please contact us at 1-877-227-9548. We thank all those who apply for this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org