- Windsor, Ontario
- Applications have closed
Applications for this role have closed.
Logic is proud to partner with ENWIN Utilities Ltd. (ENWIN), a licensed electricity distribution company serving customers in the City of Windsor. ENWIN is responsible for the local distribution of electricity, and the service and maintenance of the local electricity distribution infrastructure. ENWIN also maintains a contract of service with Windsor Utilities Commission (WUC) to operate and maintain the WUC-owned water system that serves customers in Windsor, Tecumseh, and LaSalle.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer – Hydro, the Director, Hydro Operations is the senior management representative directly responsible for the construction, maintenance, and operation of the ENWIN electrical distribution grid. In conjunction with the COO – Hydro, the Director, Hydro Operations will implement strategies to plan and support the development of Distribution Lines pertaining to assets and systems while identifying opportunities efficiencies, compliance, performance targets and expectations for continuous improvement. The successful candidate is responsible for the Managerial and Supervisory resources for Hydro Operations as well as contract resources employed by ENWIN Utilities utilized by these departments. The Director, of Hydro Operations is required to administer the budget of the department, analyze, evaluate, and amend maintenance and construction processes and provide information and feedback to all stakeholders related to all maintenance and capital construction initiatives including the Executive team, Board members, City Councilors, and others. The Director, Hydro Operations assists system restoration efforts after a storm or other contingency affecting the distribution system including liaison with the Executive team, City Emergency Operations Centre, ENWIN Corporate Communications and media.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications, skills, and competencies:
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience within the Hydro operations field with five (5) years in a senior-level role.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, leadership experience and industry knowledge, ability to lead teams, provide coaching and mentorship and drive change.
- Knowledge of the Utility Industry and associated management requirements is considered an asset.
- University degree in Engineering, Business. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in electrical system design or field experience constructing and maintaining electrical systems including knowledge of tools and vehicles would be an asset.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are essential. Must lead teams effectively, provide guidance and foster collaboration among various stakeholders.
- Experience working with contractors would be an asset.
- Significant experience working in a unionized environment.
- Working knowledge of construction and safe work practices including all applicable legislation (OHSA, IHSA, COR, and all relevant rules & regulations).
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting and financial review.
- Good working knowledge of Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing business/technical reports. Good presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, manage, mentor, and motivate staff.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Strong customer service orientation, both internal and external.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, SAP.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in consultation with others.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume in confidence to Melina Grande, Human Resources & Recruitment Specialist, Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Thursday, February 15th at 5:00 pm.
We thank all those who apply for this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the ENWIN Team, please visit their website at https://enwin.com/
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.