Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer for a global manufacturing company in Windsor, ON.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for the coordination of activities associated with lean manufacturing to achieve the most effective and efficient way to manufacture products at high quality and reliable levels in a consistent basis. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, bonus, full health benefits, RRSP contribution and vacation.
- Assist Program Engineering in activities relating to new program launches and engineering changes.
- Manage launch activities such as run at rate, process development and all pre-production.
- Develop cell and plant layouts and implement.
- Optimize manufacturing operations through analytical studies of the current operating parameters, such as, production methods and processes on a continuous basis.
- Analyze, through CAD and other systems, utilization, layout, workflow and shop floor inventory control and initiate appropriate activities to improve. I.E 5s etc.
- Participate in a cross-functional internal continuous improvement activities and document aspects of R&D for claiming purposes.
- Commission, sign off and implement equipment for secondary operations.
- Working in compliance with Quality Business Operating Systems and health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Ability to read and write operation manuals for robotic and automated production equipment.
- Repair and maintain all production computer systems.
- Oversee the design, purchase, installation and operation of all plant equipment as required.
- Read electrical and electronic drawings and troubleshoot PLC programs.
- Oversee the design, development, validation and purchase of all racks from prototype to production stages.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times and ensure that a clean and safe work environment is always maintained.
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks.
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing engineering environment, automation.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with a preference in Electrical.
- Working knowledge in the areas of PLC programming, electrical, mechanical and hydraulics
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies is a must.
- Must have the ability to operate a CAD system (preferably CADKEY or Keycreator)
- Attention to detail coupled with good judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing, with team members and customers.
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com