At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client, a continually growing insurance company, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in Chatham, Ontario. The Business Development Manager will be primarily responsible for building relationships with new and existing brokers and will have primary oversight regarding new business development opportunities including new lines of business.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan Available
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Opportunity for continuous growth and development
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Evaluating and identifying new growth opportunities and implementing retention strategies for broker partnerships.
- Contributing to the development and execution of impactful marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to review and develop consistent, top-tier marketing materials and strategies.
- Analyzing competitor information and underwriting standards to understand product/pricing differentials.
- Conducting comprehensive market analysis and research to support growth objectives.
- Monitoring and assessing new and existing market opportunities and establishing priority rankings.
- Integrating feedback from brokers into operational recommendations to enhance processes.
- Managing business inquiries efficiently and resolving customer complaints in a proactive manner.
- Evaluating networking and trade show opportunities and taking a leadership role in participating in the events.
- Preparing compelling business cases regarding the introduction of product enhancements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Business, or other related fields.
- 5+ years of direct experience in a broker-facing role including Underwriting, Business Development, etc.
- 3+ years of leadership experience specifically within a sales or marketing capacity.
- CIP (Charactered Insurance Professional), FCIP (Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional), or CRM (Canadian Risk Management) designation achieved, in progress, or willing to be obtained.
- Knowledge and understanding of Broker workflows, operations, and technology.
- Demonstrated experience developing and fostering strong relationships and effectively negotiating with external contacts and business partners.
- Experience creating and delivering informative presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout Southwestern Ontario.
- Exemplary role model who demonstrates motivational leadership skills.
- Exceptional business acumen to identify new areas of opportunities and manage resources effectively.
- Previous experience in marketing and advertising would be considered an asset.
- Possesses strong collaboration, integrity, and negotiation skills.
If you have the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org