Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions is currently recruiting for a Materials Warehouse Planner for a leading manufacturing company in Windsor, ON.
This position will be responsible for managing the supply chain schedules from upstream to downstream with both short- and long-term planning in mind. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, bonus, full health benefits, RRSP contribution and vacation.
- Review current processes and determine methods for improvement with regard to cutting costs, controlling and replenishing inventory, and shipping products.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns along the chain and respond fluidly to unexpected events.
- Find efficiencies and change vendors in order to deliver on promises.
- Choose a cost-saving shipping path that provides just in time delivery to the end customer.
- Actively participate, support and contribute to corporate materials management initiatives.
- Develop, plan and act upon continuous improvement initiatives within the materials department.
- Develop and review supply chain plans and schedules associated with inventory targets.
- Plan logistics with product and driver safety in mind.
- Stay up to date on destination factors which could delay package shipments and jeopardize driver safety.
- Use technological tools and internal data to generate reports that detail efficiencies as well as areas. needing improvement. Report findings to the Supply Chain manager.
- Collaborate with the Operations Department on a regular basis and actively support lean initiatives.
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- During management system audit events, provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary.
- Ensure that all employees comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and promote an atmosphere of team work at all times.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for each department including training, safety requirements, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools.
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction.
- Direct, coach and mentor the warehouse schedulers in maintaining positive employee relations and safe work environment.
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supply chain capacity
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have Recognized Technical Diploma in related area
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies is a must
- Strong forecasting and logistic experience
- Attention to detail coupled with good judgment and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing, with team members and customers
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our Recruitment Specialist and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com