Amazon was founded in the garage of Bezo’s rented home and Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions was founded in the Charron home; the kid’s old playroom to be exact – talk about humble beginnings (top left picture). Just a month after starting my business in 2020, the province went into full lockdown due to the pandemic. The days of meeting with clients and candidates in person came to an immediate halt, so it was crucial to adapt to a home office/remote work model quickly and transform what would now be my virtual meeting space into a warm, professional, and inviting atmosphere for clients and candidates (bottom right picture). I still remember the day we put the Logic Executive Search sign in the background and used it as a teaching tool for my youngest son Mathieu who was learning letters from home as schools had transitioned to online learning (bottom left picture). Let’s just say he has now memorized how to spell “executive search”.
Although artistry is not my strongest trait, I remember doodling for weeks on my sketch pad (top middle picture) to come up with the perfect name for the business, the colours, the logo, and the brand. I wanted the recruitment process for our clients and candidates to be transparent, ethical, and logical – hence the name Logic. What initially started off as doodles of my imagination, eventually turned into beautiful marketing materials that I am proud to present to our clients which outline our Professional/Executive Recruitment Services, Outplacement Services, HR Services, and our Dual Career Program (bottom middle picture).
So, here we are three years later and so many amazing milestones have happened over the last year alone.
- We opened a storefront at 310 Croft Drive – Unit 200, Tecumseh, N8N 2L9 in September 2022 and now have a beautiful office space to meet in person.
- We successfully placed hundreds of candidates across Canada and the U.S. over the last three years in meaningful employment opportunities and helped organizations find the talent they needed to help their organization prosper.
- Our Recruitment Specialist Angelo (In the blue shirt) obtained his CHRP designation.
- Our Human Resources & Recruitment Specialist Melina (In the beige shirt) completed the Centennial College/Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion Partnership program and earned her Certification in Leadership and Inclusion.
- Our Recruitment Specialist Alex (On the tv screen) continued her training in recruitment best practices, leadership, and diversity.
- In addition to our team members in Windsor and Saskatchewan, we have continued to expand our team to include a Business Development Specialist based in Niagara Falls.
- We have expanded our recruitment and human resources services/offerings.
- Logic Executive Search was a finalist for the Windsor Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards for New Company of the Year.
- We were awarded the NPA Community Service Award for our work and volunteerism in the community.
- Our social media presence has grown to approximately 7000 engaged followers just on LinkedIn.
- We were the recipient of the Digital Transformation Grant to grow our social media and communication strategy.
- We received approximately 50x 5-star Google reviews from our clients and candidates.
- We gave back to the local community by volunteering our time and expertise with organizations like Rotary, WETech Alliance, and the EPICentre.
- We made our physical and mental health a priority at Logic by implementing “Invest in Yourself” days and “Strech and Reset” times where we stretch and meditate as a team.
- We took part in various team-building initiatives including book reviews, potlucks, and cooking dinner for families staying at the local Ronald McDonald House.
- We invested in our team’s learning including diversity, equity, and inclusion training.
- We took time to evaluate our processes and made improvements to increase our candidate network and retention rates for candidates that we place with our clients.
- We invested in technology platforms to help streamline processes and gain faster access to quality candidates.
- We fostered great existing partnerships and created new connections in the community.
- We worked very hard and had a lot of fun along the way!
We are excited to continue delivering exceptional professional and executive recruitment expertise to our clients, candidates, and community for years to come.